Victim Services Worker (Full Time / Kelowna, BC)
Are you passionate about making a difference?
Join our dynamic team in supporting and empowering survivors of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and sexual assault. The Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society (COEFS) offers crisis response, education, outreach, and counselling services within a non-judgemental, trauma-informed approach. We assist adults, youth, and children to navigate their choices around disclosure, resource access, judicial processes, and counselling. If you have a strong desire to help people and contribute to social change, contact us to step into a career of meaningful and important work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Training and/or experience in trauma impact and crisis intervention
- Two years of directly related experience preferred
- Great empathetic listening skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem identification/conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to a trauma informed approach
- Reliability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to deal with difficult, emotionally charged material and a wide variety of circumstances
- Mature interpersonal skills and regard for confidentiality
- Ability to work independently as well as within a positive team context
- A positive and professional manner in working cooperatively with service providers in the community
PLEASE FORWARD A COPY OF YOUR RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOINING THE CENTRAL OKANAGAN ELIZABETH FRY SOCIETY!
Join our Board of Directors by applying below: