Thank you for your interest in The Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society. Employment opportunities and opportunities to become a Board Member will appear here. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer click here. Working at The Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society is a rewarding experience as you will become a vital component of a support staff network that assists in benefitting the women, men and children of the Central Okanagan. Additionally, becoming a Board Member is an important element of our organization. Becoming a Board Member means you will assist in making key decisions for the betterment of our organization, so we can continue assisting our community members to the best of our ability. Thank you for your time and your consideration.
Current Opportunity: Program Manager
The Program Manager is responsible for the onboarding, supervision and training of frontline staff and volunteers of the Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society (COEFS). Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Program Manager is part of the Leadership Team and supports the growth of staff and the agency.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work, social sciences, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Experience leading successful multi-disciplinary teams and/or human resource management
· Understanding of conflict resolution process and ability to deal with conflict effectively
· Works from a client-centered feminist perspective.
· Knowledge of the dynamic of violence against women, the effects of trauma
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Providing supervision to frontline staff.
· Onboarding of new staff and volunteers.
· Overseeing the enhancement and management of existing programs.
· Ensuring contractual obligations are met; including statistical data collection and regular reports submitted to Executive Director and funders.
· Representing COEFS in the community to media and funding sources.
· Coordinating program activities.
· Maintain client confidentiality and a non-judgmental attitude.
· Be able to act upon constructive suggestions for change.
· Participate actively in a constructive manner as a leader on the Agency team.
· Understand the cultural, social, and economic factors that affect decision-making when supporting ethnically and culturally diverse clients
· Recognize the similarities and differences in values, norms and customs of persons served with respect to ethnicity, gender, religion, and sexual orientation.
Apply by Friday, July 3rd 12:00 noon to:
or Fax: 250-763-4272
No Phone Calls Please.
Opportunities to become a Board Member: